- Get you finances in order before even going to look at homes. Make sure you have anough for a down payment and closing costs.
- Talk to a lender and get pre-qualified for a loan.
- Decide when you can actually move. When is your lease up?
- Realize there is no perfect home. There will be trade-offs to every property.
- Don't be tempted to spend more than you can afford. Remember, there will be recurring costs like insurance, taxes, utilities and maintenance.
- Understand the fine print and ask questions. It's important to understand what you are signing to avoid problems down the road.
- Hire a REALTOR® to be your Buyer's Agent. They can guide you through the whole process and provide invaluable advice.
Buying your first home is an exciting experience and should be fun. Give me a call if you are looking for an experienced REALTOR® and Accredited Buyers' Representative to help you through the process. 603-526-4116, Donna@DonnaForest.com, www.DonnaForest.com
Known for service, trusted for results – Coldwell Banker Milestone Real Estate.