The National Association of REALTORS conducts a survey* every year on recent home buyers and sellers. Below are highlights on buyers from their most recent report.
- 34% of buyers were 1st time buyers.
- The median purchase price of a home was $235,000.
- 84% of buyers purchased in a suburb, small town or rural area vs. an urban area.
- 83% of buyers bought a single family home.
- 87% used a real estate agent.
- 95% searched online.
- 65% of buyers were married couples, 18% were single females, 7% were single males and 8% were unmarried couples.
- The typical home purchased was 1870 square feet, 3 bedrooms, 2 baths and built in 1991.
Thinking of selling? Contact me if you’d like to know how these facts could impact your sale. 603-526-4116, www.DonnaForest.com, Donna@DonnaForest.com
*2017 Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers – National Association of REALTORS
Real estate markets are local, and we have the real scoop on ours. Better Homes & Gardens Real Estate - The Milestone Team